On the 3rd Sunday of each month, RUC members contribute breakfast and dinner items for Sophia House, a short-term emergency shelter for women. The menus are coordinated and a list of items needed is on the information table in the narthex. If you would like to donate, please sign your name and contact information on the list or contact the church office for more information. Needed items include:
Regular Breakfast for 30-36
Adult Cereals—non sugared, please (Cheerios, Raisin Bran, Corn, Rice, Wheat Chex)
Milk—3 gal Skim/1%
OJ—3-5 gal Regular with Calcium added
Other Items for Breakfast or carry-out lunch
Apples or Clementines
Other tips from the staff:
• They can’t cook at Sophia House.
• They have a big coffee pot, so don’t need instant (maybe decaf instant)
• Limit sugars—1 pieCE/each for dessert
• Bagels are hard for them to eat.
• Whole wheat breads/pastas, and rice
• Good snack: carrot and celery sticks
• Please make meals/snacks healthy
There seems to be a change in shift about 6, so we should arrive after that time. Maybe plan to leave church at 6. The cook-out must be done earlier for the grills to be set up.
If you’d like reimbursement for major items, such as meat and breakfast, there is money in the budget for that purpose.